Monday, August 25, 2008

Sierra's Sick Day

So it's 2 weeks into the school year and I've already got called from Sierra saying that she's sick and that her stomach hurts and she needs to come home. When she called I let her know that if she came home she'd be on her bed RESTING for the day because she was too sick to finish school. She said ok and I went and picked her up. She almost made it sound believeable over the phone, but as soon as she saw me pull into the parking lot she was skipping over to get in with a huge grin on her face. I should have made her stay at school but stupidly took her home anyway. About five minutes of being on her bed and she was done with that, I found her trying to sneak out to jump on the tramp, in my room watching tv and then once I couldnffind her at all, she heard me coming and hid in my closet. I think next time I'm going to walk into the school with a thermometer and a barf bag and if she doesnt have a fever she better be able to produce something into that bag, or she's staying. Here's a picture of my SICK child..

She was soo SICK

2 comments:

Coopercomics said...

Oh man..Kelly starts kindergarten on Wednesday, I need to be ready for the fake-sick-out. Your post really helped for any future false illness. Thanks Stace! :)

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

That is totally something I would have done, I say "would've" because I was a pure angel and loved school and NEVER sluffed, used the whole "diabetic" cop-out or just plain drop out of school. But if you go to school and take the thermometer and barf bag... take pics. That would be golden.