Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mom can I keep it???

That is how my conversation over the phone with Nate started yesterday. I hadn't talked to him in a couple days and I didn't even get a hello before those words came out of his mouth. I asked him, Nate what is it you want to keep? He wouldn't tell me right away he'd only say just tell me yes or no if I can keep it or not and then I'll tell you what it is... Ha!! I tell him my answer is definitely a big no if he's not going to enlighten me on what is he so desperately wants to keep. He gets frustrated and finally tells me its a turtle that his Grandma Sherwood had found in the middle of the road and he picked up. He hurry and asks me again if he could keep it and to HIS surprise I tell him as long as YOU take care of it. He must have been kinda excited cause he hung up on me. I tell Sierra what Nae's bringing home and of course she gets excited too!! Well later that night my mom calls and asks if Nate told me what they had found, I told her he had and that I said he could keep it. This is when she informs me of how BIG it is, she says its probably as big as a salad plate, I'm thinkin ok that's kinda big, and she says well actually it probably bigger than that. Great, what am I going to do with a HUGE turtle??
Well I guess we'll see exactly how big it is in a few hours when I go pick Nate up from Kanab.

Wish me luck and hopefully there will be pics to follow, even if I have to break down and use the laptop. I hate putting pics on here with the laptop, it's alot harder I think.

2 comments:

aubs said...

that is hilarious! He totally played you and I cannot wait to see the pics of it

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

Hey Stace! Cool, a turtle. Listen, I don't want to burst your bubble, but my little bro's friend did the same thing and then gave the turtle to Joe. When my mom called the vet to get it check out they said that it was a desert tortise and it is illegal to keep them as pets. Plus they carry really gross diseases that can make you sick. Just a heads up. Sorry to be a downer:)